A Design Engineer Junior at Huisman models, details and performs the calculations for mechanical designs within one of our product groups. Are you ready to be trained to become a specialist?
The learning process at Huisman has been embodied in our Mechanical EDUcation Plan. This plan consists of multiple modules in the area of design and calculation. In consultation with your lead engineer, you will be offered training aligned to your level of knowledge and experience.
As soon as you start at Huisman, you will immediately start creating designs and performing the calculations for designs under supervision. Initially you will focus on making detail designs of reasonably delineated subjects (and calculations). The next step is creating simple basic designs. You observe the activities of the senior engineers in your team and acquire knowledge of the product range.
With these practical assignments, you gradually become acquainted with the design and calculation methods used by Huisman. As you develop further, the level of abstraction of your tasks will increase. The lead engineer and senior engineers in your team will actively supervise and advise you in your activities.
- Completed Education at the Technical University in mechanical engineering or comparable;
- Good results in the subjects statics, mechanics, design & construct, dynamics and materials science;
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- Enthusiastic and motivated;
- A job on the side in (heavy) machine construction, maritime sector or steel construction is an advantage;
- Experience with AutoCAD 2D and/or Inventor 3D is an advantage.
The Mechanical Engineering Department consists of 20 teams that are tasked with the mechanical engineering aspects of the complete design and the elaboration of our projects. The Sales & Concepts Department supplies the concept design to Mechanical Engineering. Within the department, the concept design is elaborated via the basic design into the detail design.
Our teams are operationally split into the following groups: Cranes, Pipe-Lay, Drilling & After sales. Every team is managed by a lead engineer and consists of four to eight people. Within the team, we have the roles of design, structural and CAD engineer.
The Mechanical Engineering Department consists in the Netherlands of approximately 200 engineers and is physically split over three locations: Schiedam, Breda and Enschede. Our offices in Breda and Enschede currently each have four teams.
You will be working in a dynamic environment with an informal work climate. At Huisman you will have excellent career development and education opportunities. Furthermore we offer the following primary and secondary benefits:
- Salary in accordance with salary structure (Salary range between €2600,- and €3500,- dependent on education and experience)
- Bonus arrangement
- Overtime compensation against actual hours / overtime compensated in salary
- Flexible working hours
- 24 holiday days and 5 ADV days + 8% holiday allowance
- Travelling cost compensation
- Collective pension scheme with 4% own contribution
- Collective health insurance