A Service Engineer at Huisman is completely multidisciplinary and deployable on global service activities for all prevailing Huisman systems. Are you willing to put your problem-solving abilities to the test by working with the complexity of our cranes, pipe-laying installations and drilling towers?
In the position of service engineer, you carry out activities on the products that have been designed and constructed by Huisman. When executing your tasks, 70% of the time you will be on site at the client, which can be anywhere in the world, both onshore and offshore.
Your activities concern preparing, analyzing, localizing and correcting faults in the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic (drive engineering) and software (PLCs and frequency controllers) fields. You carry out maintenance and repairs independently or working in a team and you collaborate with (local) subcontractors or employees assigned by the client. You carry out inspections and identify possibilities for repairs, modifications or upgrading and as such play an important role in maintaining the installations/systems and generating leads for the after sales department.
You report to the service coordinator and the client on the activities carried out and you arrange the accurate administrative settlement. Where necessary, you contribute to making (follow-up) schedules. During and after the execution of activities, you provide the client with advice in the area of use and maintenance. You train the client's operators and technicians such that they can handle the Huisman installations/systems in a safe and responsible way.
- At least 7 years of experience in international service activities in the maritime/offshore sector;
- Broad technical background in the area of mechanics, electrical, hydraulic (drive technology) and control engineering (PLCs and frequency controllers);
- HBO (senior secondary vocational education) and corresponding level of professional and intellectual ability
- High degree of independence and problem-solving ability;
- Good command of spoken and written English.
Huisman Europe Services, as part of Huisman Global Services, is responsible for worldwide service and spare parts, both during delivery of an installation and during the entire lifecycle. Huisman Europe Services consists of five departments: Projects, Sales, Service, QESH and Supply Chain.
The objective is to maintain the highest possible level of client satisfaction with the emphasis on smooth collaboration between Huisman and our clients as well as our suppliers.
The service department provides our clients with worldwide support and service for all supplied equipment in the event of faults, major maintenance, modifications, upgrades and retrofitting. In addition, it continually advises our clients in the area of use, maintenance, troubleshooting and possible modifications.
You will be working in a dynamic environment with an informal work climate. At Huisman you will have excellent career development and education opportunities. Furthermore we offer the following primary and secondary benefits:
- 48-hours service contract in addition with daily reimbursements and compensation days
- 4 weeks on-off schedule is optional
- Salary in accordance with the salary house (range between €3600,- and €5100,- based on 48 hours depending on education and level of experience)
- Bonus arrangement
- Overtime compensation against actual hours / overtime compensated in salary
- Flexible working hours
- 24 holiday days and 5 ADV days + 8% holiday allowance
- Travelling cost compensation
- Collective pension scheme with 4% own contribution
- Collective health insurance