The mechanical engineering department consists of 20 teams who are charged with the mechanical engineering part of the overall design. The Sales & Concepts department produces the concept design. The mechanical engineering department progresses to the basic design and detail design stage.
Our teams are operationally subdivided into the following product groups: Cranes, Pipelay, Drilling, After Sales & Production Support and R&D. Each team consists of four to eight engineers, led by a lead engineer. The team roles are design, structural and CAD engineer.
In the Netherlands, the mechanical engineering department extends to about 200 engineers based in 3 locations: Schiedam, Breda and Enschede. Our offices in Breda and Enschede currently have 4 teams each. We will be expanding these offices with an extra team in the coming period. Some 50 engineers work at our plants in the Czech Republic, Brazil and China on stand-alone projects and in support of the mechanical engineering department in Schiedam.
As a junior design engineer at Huisman, you will be modelling, detailing and calculating mechanical designs in one of our product groups. The learning process at Huisman is in the form of our Mechanical EDUcation Plan, which consists of several design and calculation modules. In consultation with your lead engineer, you will be offered training that is tailored to your knowledge and experience.
From the moment you start work at Huisman, you will be involved with making and calculating designs under supervision. At first, you will concentrate on making detail designs of reasonably defined designs (and calculations). Making simple basic designs will be your next step. You will watch the senior engineers in your team at work and acquire an in-depth knowledge of the product range.
Through these practical exercises, step-by-step you will become familiar with Huisman’s design and calculation methods. The more you develop, the more the abstraction level of your assignments will increase. You will be actively supervised and advised in your work by the lead engineer and senior engineers in your team. You will provide regular progress updates in order to safeguard content, progress, and quality.
To fill this vacancy, we are looking for a candidate with:
• An institute of technology (HTS/TU) degree in mechanical engineering;
• Good exam results in applied mechanics, design & construction, dynamics and materials science;
• A good command of Dutch and English, both oral and written;
• Enthusiasm and motivation;
• A secondary job in the (heavy) mechanical engineering, maritime or steel construction sector would be an advantage;
• Experience with Autocad 2D and/or Inventor 3D would be an advantage.
• Salary in accordance with the salary house (range between €2600,- and €3500,- depending on education and level of experience)
• Bonus arrangement
• Overtime compensation against actual hours / overtime compensated at 150% rate
• Flexible working hours
• 24 holiday days and 5 ADV days
• 8% holiday allowance
• Travelling cost compensation
• Collective health insurance
• Collective pension scheme with 4% own contribution
• Informal work climate
• Good career development opportunities