Put steel giants through their paces!
Huisman Equipment supplies heavy industrial lifting and load manipulation equipment to customers around the world from manufacturing locations on 3 continents. As the world’s energy needs continue to soar, Huisman’s customers likewise demand increasingly powerful cranes, drilling rigs and pipe-laying installations, breaking records year after year. At the company’s head office and main manufacturing location in Schiedam, the Technical Documentation department has a key role in ensuring that every Huisman product delivered has the safety, functionality, performance and quality that the customer expects, as well as full compliance with internationally recognised safety standards for onshore and offshore machinery. Not only do the men and women of Technical Documentation create and manage a wide range of documentation to validate the quality and completeness of the product from factory to installation; they also produce user manuals containing essential descriptive and instructional information to support customers with their ownership and use of the equipment far into the future.
Commissioning & Acceptance test Writer
We seek exceptional persons to support our department with the development of commissioning and acceptance test procedures for heavy equipment, used especially in the offshore industry. In this sector, extreme performance requirements combined with stringent safety demands are no exception. Every machine has to survive an extensive commissioning procedure before delivery, to ensure that it meets its design goals with the reliability, performance and sustainability our customers have come to expect from Huisman. At delivery, it must again be put through its paces against the acceptance criteria specified by our customer and their inspection partner. When they sign-off on your Acceptance Test, they know they are taking delivery of a machine that is safe, reliable and up to the job.
Development of the test procedures used in these two phases calls for a unique mix of technical aptitude and both verbal and written communication skills. A personal touch and power to persuade are indispensible for breaking down barriers and unlocking sources of critical information when the deadlines are tough. Internal systems and existing standards are available to make your job easier, and your colleagues within Technical Documentation are only too willing to help you find your way. The department has a strong profile within the company, and there is ample opportunity for participation and career development.
• Graduate in mechanical, electrical or maritime engineering, or similar
• Broad technical background and/or affinity with the above disciplines
• Good verbal and excellent written English communicator
• Prior experience in producing technical communication
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills in a multicultural working environment
• Systematic and disciplined working practices
• Inquisitive mind, tenacious attitude, attention to detail
• Clear thinker who can work under stress
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
• Makes and keeps commitments
• Competitive salary according to Huisman pay scales
• Bonus scheme
• 8% holiday allowance
• Flexible working hours, paid overtime when necessary
• 24 days’ vacation, plus 5 ADV days
• Travel cost refund
• Collective health insurance
• Collective pension scheme with 4% employee contribution
• Informal working environment
• Excellent career opportunities