The hydraulic engineering department is responsible for the delivery of hydraulic designs for all of types of Huisman installations. The team consists out of twenty hydraulic engineering under supervision of engineering manager hydraulics.
Our production facility in Czech Republic has its own team of hydraulic engineers. In the nearby future teams of hydraulic engineers will also be installed at our facilities in China and Brazil.
As a hydraulic engineer you will be making designs for all product types at Huisman. You will be working on hydraulic designs for cranes, winches, pipelay and drilling systems. All Huisman systems are complex. For example, a 4000m offshore mast crane in combination with a 2000m pipelay tower encompasses more than 20 sub-systems. All sub-systems are connected and are driven by a single HPU.
At the start of a new project you will be involved with your team in working out the functional description of the system to a basic design. This process involves close cooperation with the other engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical and control systems). Once decisions are made, they are recorded and used in the detailed hydraulic design. The hydraulic design consists of diagrams, functional descriptions and manufacturing drawings. Your will identify or select the correct components and process these in a bill of materials.
Working on these designs will take up around 70% of your time. For the remaining 30%, you will be performing an advisory role for the purchase department, work preparation, suppliers, production and commissioning. In this role you will regularly find yourself on the production floor advising on the production or testing of hydraulic systems.
To get to grips with the production process, depending on your experience, your employment at Huisman may begin with a practical training period of 4-6 weeks in our hydraulic workshop.
To fill this vacancy, we are looking for a candidate with:
• A university of applied sciences degree geared to mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aviation technology or automotive engineering;
• Experience in designing hydraulic systems;
• Strong communication skills;
• Experience with Inventor 3D and E-Plan Fluid would be an advantage.
• Salary in accordance with the salary house (range between €2700,- and €4450,- depending on education and level of experience)
• Bonus arrangement (maximum of 2 times monthly salary)
• Overtime compensation against actual hours / overtime compensated at 100% rate
• Flexible working hours
• 24 holiday days and 5 ADV days
• 8% holiday allowance
• Travelling cost compensation
• Collective health insurance
• Collective pension scheme with 4% own contribution
• Informal work climate
• Good career development opportunities