A Structural Engineer at Huisman performs the calculations for mechanical designs for all Huisman product groups. Are you a structural engineer and do you have experience at the complexity level found at Huisman?
A new project starts with the drawing up of the procurement specifications based on the concept design. The procurement specifications comprise: bearings, gearboxes, steel, cylinders, hoisting cables, brakes, etc. The design engineer drafts the basic design and works it out into the detail design. During this process, you continually carry out detail calculations to optimise the design. You assess the design drawings for strength, drive power, requirements from the client, class or certifying bodies. You do this using manual calculations and finite element calculations (Ansys / Femap). Quality takes centre stage at Huisman. Of course, you collaborate intensively with the design engineers and provide both solicited and unsolicited advice based on your specialism.
To develop into a specialist, you will be offered training aligned to your level of knowledge and experience. Our Mechanical EDUcation plan consists of multiple modules in the area of design and calculation, but also short periods of work in other Huisman departments. When working to become a senior structural engineer, attention will also be given to the electrical engineering and hydraulic engineering disciplines.
- Completed Education at the Technical University in Mechanical Engineering or comparable;
- At least three to seven years of experience as a structural engineer in the (heavy) machine construction sector, offshore/ maritime sector or steel construction;
- Experience in the area of dynamic calculations in Ansys and/or Femap;
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
The Mechanical Engineering Department consists of 20 teams that are tasked with the mechanical engineering aspects of the complete design and the elaboration of our projects. The Sales & Concepts Department supplies the concept design to Mechanical Engineering. Within the department, the concept design is elaborated via the basic design into the detail design.
Our teams are operationally split into the following groups: Cranes, Pipe-Lay, Drilling & After sales. Every team is managed by a lead engineer and consists of four to eight people. Within the team, we have the roles of design, structural and CAD engineer.
The Mechanical Engineering Department consists in the Netherlands of approximately 200 engineers and is physically split over three locations: Schiedam, Breda and Enschede. Our offices in Breda and Enschede currently each have four teams.
You will be working in a dynamic environment with an informal work climate. At Huisman you will have excellent career development and education opportunities. Furthermore we offer the following primary and secondary benefits:
- Salary in accordance with salary structure (Salary range between €2750 and €4500, dependent on education and experience)
- Bonus arrangement
- Overtime compensation against actual hours / overtime compensated in salary
- Flexible working hours
- 24 holiday days and 5 ADV days + 8% holiday allowance
- Travelling cost compensation
- Collective pension scheme with 4% own contribution
- Collective health insurance