A Specialist Engineer (Control Systems Service Engineer) at Huisman is a specialist in the field of control engineering: Are you working at the very top level of your field, providing valued support to people in the field while not shying away from knuckling under and going out to solve the most complex problems yourself?
As a Specialist Engineer (Control Systems Service Engineer) you specialise in analysing and correcting faults, and conducting service activities, in the control systems area predominantly. You prepare your activities at the Schiedam site and perform them at Huisman installations worldwide. You report your findings to the Control Systems Engineering department. Your input contributes toward improvement of new designs.
You maintain existing control systems and adapt your designs to the requirements of the project or client if necessary. Your activities include analysing and adapting designs on the basis of requirements and specifications. You execute software modifications (PLC and SCADA) and are responsible for drawing up the relevant test documentation. You conduct a thorough risk analysis using the change management procedure before executing a modification.
In consultation with the client, you prepare the process of putting into operation revisions and upgrades on site. You offer the client advice about the installations by telephone, remote access or, in the case of questions or faults, on location using the control system as diagnostic tool. In addition, you train the client in the use and maintenance of the controls of any Huisman installations there may be.
- At least 7 years’ experience with international service provision within the maritime/offshore sector;
- Broad technical background with the emphasis on control engineering (PLCs and frequency controllers), as well as mechanical, electrotechnical, hydraulic (drive technology) knowledge;
- HBO (senior secondary vocational education) and corresponding level of professional and intellectual ability;
- High degree of independence and problem-solving ability;
- Good command of English, both oral and written
As part of Huisman Global Services, Huisman Europe Services is responsible for worldwide service and spare parts, both during delivery of an installation and during the entire life cycle. Huisman Europe Services comprises five departments: Projects, Sales, Service, QESH and Supply Chain.
The objective is to maintain the highest possible level of client satisfaction with the emphasis on smooth collaboration between Huisman and our clients as well as our suppliers.
The service department provides our clients with worldwide support and service for all supplied equipment in the event of faults, major maintenance, modifications, upgrades and retrofitting. In addition, it continually advises our clients in the area of use, maintenance, troubleshooting and possible modifications.
You will be working in a dynamic environment with an informal work climate. At Huisman you will have excellent career development and education opportunities. Furthermore we offer the following primary and secondary benefits:
- 48-hours service contract in addition with daily reimbursements and compensation days
- 4 weeks on-off schedule is optional
- Salary in accordance with the salary house (range between €4200,- and €6000,- based on 48 hours depending on education and level of experience)
- Bonus arrangement
- Overtime compensation against actual hours / overtime compensated in salary
- Flexible working hours
- 24 holiday days and 5 ADV days + 8% holiday allowance
- Travelling cost compensation
- Collective pension scheme with 4% own contribution
- Collective health insurance