sent to candidate
Mechanical Engineer - Schiedam
|Hours per week:||40|
|Number of positions:||1|
|Contact person:||Bealien Schot|
|Open for agencies:||No|
Working as a Mechanical Engineer at Huisman means you are working on the most spectacular on- and offshore systems design.
As Mechanical Engineer, you often work in a multidisciplinary project team in which you are responsible for the mechanical part of the design.
Together with your colleagues, you share the same passion for heavy machines.
“We have all engineering disciplines at Huisman in-house, we do our own R&D, we have our own expert teams and as icing on the cake, you as Mechanical Engineer see your designs come to life”
- Elske Stellingwerff Beintema Global Engineering Manager-
What do we have to offer you?
A challenging position in which you can stretch your horizon within a vibrant and international operating organisation, with opportunities for personal development and growth. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. You get the space to develop yourself into an all-round Senior Engineer with knowledge of different disciplines or you put the emphasis on Design, Structural Engineering or Routing.
We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
As Mechanical Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Modelling and calculating mechanical designs for heavy (offshore) systems;
- Drafting System-, Basic and Detail Designs;
- Determining purchase specifications with focus on long lead items;
- Designing with a focus on: use of material, size/weight, malleability and service accessibility;
- Performing detail calculations for the optimization of the design.
As Mechanical Engineer, you have:
- A Master degree in Engineering;
- Great affinity with or interest in complex mechatronic systems;
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer within the (heavy) mechanical engineering, offshore/maritime sector or steel construction;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize;
- EU passport / valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- Practical disposition and a good command of the English language orally and in writing.
And as Mechanical Engineer are you:
- Proactive and familiar with new developments within your expertise;
- An excellent communicator;
- Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently;
- Flexible and Creative;
- Client oriented and focused;
- Practical, accurate and punctual.
Interested in contributing to step changing technical solutions?Apply online by using the apply button. Not ready to apply yet?
Please contact us via this contact form for more information or other career opportunities at Huisman Equipment.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.