Metal and ceramic 3D printing processes are becoming increasingly popular, while these processes are most commonly used to produce polymer objects. Since 2015, Huisman has devoted R&D efforts to investigate benefits of Wire & Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM), a specific subtype of metal 3D printing which is highly similar to conventional welding. Amongst other components, crane hooks are of particular interest because of the increased control over the production process.
/ 3D Printing
- High control over process and material quality
- Layer-by-layer manufacturing, enabling a new range of component shapes
- Cost and/or lead time reduction for critical components
- Tailor-made material properties within same product: strength, ductility, wear/corrosion-resistance, etc.
- Huisman welding expertise directly applied