sent to candidate
Tender & Concepts Engineer - Schiedam
|Number of positions:||1|
|Contact person:||Bealien Schot|
|Open for agencies:||No|
“Your design gives our client a competitive edge over their competition!”
David Roodenburg, Manager Tender & Concepts
Being a Creative and Innovative Engineer you will be working in the heart of our organization. As a Tender & Concepts Engineer, new technology is starting with you! You will become part of a dynamic and professional team where innovation, creativity, quality and flexibility are key to meet our company goals.
At Tenders & Concepts, we have an open and transparent culture where you work in close cooperation with the client and various other Huisman departments. The multidisciplinary aspect, working in a team, the interaction with the customer and the relatively short duration of projects offer an ideal opportunity for your career. This is the ideal role for you to broaden your experience! Typical career paths from the Tender & Concepts Engineer are for example Technical Project Manager, Project Manager or Sales Manager. Huisman offers an excellent benefits package and the possibility to learn from the best.
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Discussing the client’s functional requirements in detail and translating them into an appropriate value proposition with corresponding concept designs and specifications;
- Creating winning innovative designs;
- Paying close attention and having an oversight of costings to insure designs stay within the client’s budget;
- Drawing up the tender documents in close collaboration with the Legal, Project
- Management and Supply Chain departments;
- Visiting clients together with senior Tender and Concepts Engineers and regional Sales Managers.
The Tender and Concepts department is responsible for developing and designing innovative technology and products for tenders or product development. The projects are characterized by a multidisciplinary approach within a relatively short duration which results in a dynamic design environment. This is only possible with creative, skilled and all-round engineers working in small cooperative teams together with the client or project owner. Newly developed technologies are verified by modelling, scale testing in cooperation with our Research and Development team. The work focuses not only on technical aspects but spans the entirety of the project as a whole to include project-planning, installation and test programming.
In addition, about you:
You have completed a Technical Bachelor degree and you are eager to apply your skills at Huisman Equipment. You are curious and you want to find out what is required from customer perspective. That is why you are client oriented and –focussed. You learn how to think out of the box and how to work under pressure. You are a resident in the Netherlands for at least two years.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Design or Aerospace Engineering;
- Experience with 2D and 3D drawing software is a pro not a must;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize;
- EU passport / valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- Practical disposition and a good command of the English language both orally and in writing.
Interested in contributing to step changing technical solutions?
Apply online by using the apply button. In the event you have questions please contact us via this contact form for more information or other career opportunities at Huisman Equipment.