sent to candidate
Senior Naval Architect - Schiedam
|Number of positions:||1|
|Contact person:||Bas Bieckmann|
|Open for agencies:||No|
Working as All-round Senior Naval Architect –at Huisman Equipment means that you will be the Designer of unique floating solutions within Huisman.
As Naval Architect, you work together with the naval team, Huisman product-, and business managers with the aim of developing innovative floater solutions with integrated equipment in the international offshore oil and gas and renewables industry. You will work in close relation with the Tender & Concepts, Research, and Development department.
Your concept designs will vary between monohulls, semi-submersibles, jack-ups and special floaters.
“We are designing and building a wide range of complex machines and unique floating structures. The complexity of the designs and freedom for creativity makes the work challenging and interesting”
-Willem-Jan van Driel Naval Architect-
What do we have to offer you?
A challenging position in which you can stretch your horizon within a vibrant and international operating organization, where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals.
The position offers you a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the development of sustainable vessels. You will get the space to develop yourself, to trigger your creativity and to get more knowledge of different disciplines. You will get the freedom to develop functional solutions instead of being restricted in “standard” solutions, which can be found in the market. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and (managing) experience.
As Naval Architect, you are responsible for:
- Development of new surprising floater solutions inspired by marked needs;
- Assessing the customer’s needs and requirements and translate these into an integrated feasible concept design;
- Providing support to our internal departments within the wide range of naval architecture with focus on hydro mechanic-analysis and integration of mission equipment;
- Checking the concepts for compliance with the relevant regulations and prepare the necessary specifications for the customer and shipyard;
- Carrying out all of the naval architectural calculations, e.g, hydro static and hydrodynamic analyses, work ability assessments, dynamic positioning and mooring analysis, stability and structural calculations, electrical single line and load balance;
- Participating in wind tunnel tests and model tank tests.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Maritime Engineering, Fluid Dynamics, Aerospace Engineering or a similar degree;
- Proven experience in engineering, design and calculations of vessels and floaters;
- Knowledge of the rules of various classification societies;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements, know how to prioritize and stay effective;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and Persuasive;
- Practical, generalist, accurate and punctual;
- Team player; enjoys working in multidisciplinary teams with the ability to work independently.
Apply online by using the apply button. In the event you have questions? Please contact us via this contact form for more information or other career opportunities at Huisman Equipment.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.