sent to candidate
Manager Welding Department - Xiamen, China
|Number of positions:||1|
|Contact person:||Bealien Schot|
|Open for agencies:||No|
Working as Manager Welding Department at Huisman in Xiamen, China, means helping our local Welding team to operate as effectively as possible! As the Manager Welding Department, you are going to manage the welding department.
You take it a step further by training and coaching your team and continuously improve the methods and the processes. So that Huisman can continue to produce fantastic projects cost effectively with China as its production site!
As Manager Welding you will be responsible for continuous development of local welding engineering capabilities specific to this discipline (people, methods, processes) based on internal requirements, needs of the organisation and classification societies.
Contribute as welding consultant to the realisation of projects through knowledge and cooperation to all production facilities of Huisman global.
What do we have to offer you?
A challenging position in which you can stretch your horizon within a vibrant and international operating organisation, with opportunities for personal development and growth. You will become part of a dynamic and professional organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals.
We offer a very attractive expat package with various allowances on top of the basic salary. Huisman also pays for accommodation, health insurance (for the whole family) and school fees for children.
As Manager Welding, you are responsible for:
- Timely, complete, fit for purpose and reliable fabrication and construction advice, budget and welding rate estimates, fabrication sequences and control to client tenders during the Tender process;
- Welding equipment related proposals of "make/buy/rent/modify" solutions;
- Verification and approval of Welding Department related suppliers and subcontractors;
- Timely and complete required documentation (e.g. WPQT matrix, PQR’s, WPS’s and repair rates;
- Preparation and/or approval of welding related requisitions and specifications;
- Delivering input on technology development and translates this into discipline policy. Responsible for implementation and execution of the outcomes;
- Effective Welding Department interface between production and other HCN departments;
- Identification, definition and execution of Welding development and innovation projects;
- Keeping the capabilities within the discipline up to date by means of R&D and education;
- Steering, motivating and coaching the employees within the department, in accordance with Huisman’s internal standards, with the goal to achieve the project-specific objectives.
As Manager Welding, you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferable in Mechanical Engineering;
- An International Welding Engineer (IWE) degree;
- Knowledge of all discipline standards;
- Experience with supervising multi-national teams and have some previous experience with Chinese culture. This is a pre;
- A minimum of 5 year experience within the heavy machinery, shipbuilding or offshore industries;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new and multiple requirements and know how to prioritize;
- Practical disposition and a good command of the English language orally and in writing.
And as Manager Welding, you are:
- Able to enjoy working with multiple deadlines at the same time;
- A Teamplayer;
- Flexible and Creative:
- Proactive and Persuasiveness;
- Result and Customer orientated.
Interested in contributing to step changing technical solutions?Apply online by using the apply button. Not ready to apply yet?
Please contact us via this contact form for more information or other career opportunities at Huisman Equipment.