sent to candidate
Work Preperator - Schiedam
|Hours per week:||40|
|Number of positions:||1|
|Contact person:||Bas Bieckmann|
|Open for agencies:||No|
Huisman is looking for … an exceptionally capable Work Preparator for our E – Hydraulics - HVAC scope.
Do you have a good understanding of how an efficient production planning is realised? And do you have you the requisite communication skills to liaise with the various parties involved in a project and with the Huisman departments to guarantee an optimum and prompt delivery of a project? Then you are the Production Work Preparation Engineer we are looking for!
Pleased to meet you, we are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of our 10.000 mT offshore cranes and our automated drilling towers?
So, if you join Huisman, as our new work preparation engineer, make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise our clients, yourself and… us!
We ask a lot of you, as Work Preparation Engineer. However, we also have a lot to offer.
Expect a challenging position in an international organisation. You are part of a dynamic and professional company where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. You have the opportunity to develop innovative technologies and for instance contribute to exciting renewable projects. In addition to our inspiring atmosphere, we offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. And let’s not forget excellent company perks, like regular drinks in our very own bar.
What will you be doing working as Work Preparation Engineer for Huisman?
The Production Department in Schiedam comprises of our Huisman staff, plus additional flex workers depending on the scope and quantity of projects in hand. With your colleagues, you are responsible for all new build – service – Geo and R&D orders at Huisman production sites in Schiedam, and for a number of project in co-operation with our production facility in the Czech Republic.
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Evaluate project related information such as detailed design and installation drawings, technical specifications, schematics and quality control documents, bill of material, production planning and budgets
- Make manufacturing bill off material (MBOM) and initiate purchase process for components, electric-, hydraulic- and HVAC systems
- Predict resources and create material, component and installation planning
- Estimate hours and resources
- Issue and monitor workorders, sequencing work
- Tender, subcontract and monitor installation of electric, hydraulic and HVAC systems
- Tender, subcontract and monitor installation of routing, lubrication systems and e-room insulation
- Support project management with input for engineering- and long lead items planning
- Support production planner with input for production planning
Periodically communicate with internal parties on progress and content of projects within internal communication and information structures
- Make installation procedures
To be successful in this role you need to have experience in a production environment (heavy steel and mechanical engineering).
In this dynamic environment, you are able to switch easily between overseeing the projects and pinpoint on details within the planning. Because you are responsible for make- or buy decisions, you have good communication and negotiating skills (ie subcontracting work). On a technical level, you are experienced in reading complex production drawings.
- As a person you are looking for the best results, you are pragmatic and solutions oriented
- Bachelor level in a relevant technical degree (Master with 1 to 3 years’ experience, Bachelor with 3-7 years’ experience or MTS 4 with 10 years’ experience)
- A practical disposition and a good command of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing.
Apply online for the position of Work Preparation Engineer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information about the position of Electrical Engineer or explore other career opportunities at www.huismanequipment.com/ careers.