The world is only just beginning to realise the potential of geothermal heat and power. Once restricted to a few locations, advances in technology have made geothermal energy widely available and affordable. Clean and renewable, this dependable source of energy is available 24/7, all year round, no matter what the weather.
Using our experience gained over decades of design, manufacture and operation in the hydrocarbon industries, Huisman has been active in the geothermal sector since 2009. In 2018, with our focus on driving the growth of renewable energy, we founded Huisman Geo, giving this high potential energy source the focus it deserves.
Using cutting-edge technology and working in cooperation with partners, we offer a comprehensive range of high-quality geothermal solutions and services. Our aim, in any geothermal undertaking, is have a positive impact both financially and environmentally.
Depending on your requirements, we are able to offer everything from engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) to design, build, finance, maintain, operate (DBFMO) services.
Huisman Geo services
Huisman, together with its partners, has the technological capabilities, skills and resources to undertake every phase of a geothermal project. The stages of a project are as follows:
- Feasibility study – Huisman & partner
- Geological survey – Huisman & partner
- Well design – partner & Huisman
- Procurement – Huisman or partner
- Drilling operations – Huisman
- Tooling and technology – Huisman
- Above ground construction – partner
- Operations & maintenance – Huisman or partner
- Geothermal heat supply – partner & Huisman
- Plug & abandonment – Huisman