The Huisman Innovation Tower is a 90m high drill tower, capable of handling 55 m (180 ft) stands and 46 m (150 ft) riser and with the ability to simulate dynamical vessel movements. The HIT is located at the Huisman Schiedam quayside.
- Demonstration of equipment;
- Full scale testing including dynamics;
- Testing of automation / robotics;
- Training of Operators / Huisman team;
- Pre-commissioning of equipment;
- Development of future equipment;
- load testing of parts;
- Future downhole testing.