Huisman Innovation Tower
The Huisman Innovation Tower is a 90m high drill tower, capable of handling 55 m (180 ft) stands and 46 m (150 ft) riser and with the ability to simulate dynamical vessel movements. The HIT is located at the Huisman Schiedam quayside.
- Demonstration of equipment;
- Full scale testing including dynamics;
- Testing of automation / robotics;
- Training of Operators / Huisman team;
- Pre-commissioning of equipment;
- Development of future equipment;
- load testing of parts;
- Future downhole testing.
- 3.6 mln lbs (1,630mt) rated load;
- 180ft stands;
- 150ft riser;
- Full scale setback drum;
- Dual drum draw works/splittable blocks;
- Open drill floor construction to allow installation of several types of rotary tables and/or hang-off equipment;
- Active/passive heave compensation systems;
- Drill floor 6m above ground level;
- Total height approximately 90m;
- Test well:
- - Ø 118”up to 50m
- - Ø 20”up to 400m
- Static angle: 5 degrees;
- Dynamic angle: +/- 2 degrees.