The SyncroDrill is an important and unique addition to the ECI system. It is a rig integrated Rotary Steerable System, specifically developed for casing while crilling.
Conventional Rotary Steerable Systems are complex and expensive, the SyncroDrill however is simple robust full-mechanical and thereby cheaper to build, operate and maintain. Although developed for deviated wells, the technology is well suited to drill vertical as well. Similar to all RSS tools, drilling performance is maximized.
- Point-the-bit for fast drilling and high steering rates
- Formation insensitive
- Fully-rotating with small stick-out for low stuck pipe risk
- Fully-mechanical for low operating costs and high reliability
- Continuously steering concept without downlinking
- Integrated in Huisman rigs for automated closed-loop directional drilling